This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the website hosted at www.spacepool.com and the Spacepool App ("our App") (together, the "Platform"). The site/App are operated by or on behalf of Spacepool Limited ("Spacepool", "we", "us" and "our"). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Spacepool provides an online marketplace that connects (a) office providers (Hosts, you and your); and (b) individuals or businesses (Guests, you and your) seeking a flexible workspace solution such as hot desk, fixed desk, private office and meeting room hire (collectively Office Space)
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law, (txxxhe "Data Protection Law"), the data controller is: Spacepool Limited of A and L Suite 1-3 24 Southwark Street, Hop Exchange, London, England, SE1 1TY.
Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Platform, upload or search for Office Space, submit requests for further information via the Platform, enter into a contract for Office Space, pay a deposit for an Office Space, participate in discussion boards or other chat functions on or via the Platform, submit a query, and when you report a problem with the Platform.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, nationality, certain 'know your client' (kyc) information for our payment processor, employer, job description financial and credit card information, photograph, login and password details.
Information we collect about you from your use of the Platform
We will automatically collect information from you each time you visit our site and/or use our App.
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Location data
Technical information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
Location data - we collect information through the site/App as to your real time location to provide location services where requested or agreed to by you in order to deliver content, advertising or other services that are dependent on knowing where you are. This information may also be collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to the site/App.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you:
- If you use any of the other websites or apps we operate or the other services we provide.
- From third parties we work closely with.
In this case we will have informed you via this policy when we collected that data if we intend to share your data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies and other technologies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. We also give you information about how to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web or app session and expire when you close your browser or exit the App. Others are used to remember you when you return to the Platform and will last for longer.
We use these cookies and other technologies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting/Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our website/App and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also work with advertising networks that gather information about the content on the Platform you visit and on information on other websites and services you visit. This may result in you seeing advertisements the Platform or our advertisements when you visit other websites and services of third parties. For more information about how to turn this feature off see below or visit http://www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on the Platform. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on the Platform.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings then Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences then Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files then “Preferences”
Except for essential cookies, all cookies used on our site will expire at the latest after 2 years but may expire earlier.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the Table of Cookies below:
|Cookie||Cookie type||More information|
|_ym_uid, _ym_d, _gid, _gcl_au, _gat_gtag_*, _ga, 1P_JAR||Persistent third party cookie||
Google Services cookies. This software collection from Google:
|_fbp, fbm_*||Persistent third party cookie||
Is needed to provide authentication through Facebook account
|cookie_notify||Internal cookie||For remembering if client, has been warned and agreed about cookie usage|
|csrftoken||Internal cookie||Cookie to secure users from CSRF attacks|
|host_tip||Internal cookie||For remembering, if client have seen our tips|
|messages||Internal cookie||To provide user with system messages such as “Successfully logged in”, “Profile updated” and etc.|
|sessionid||Internal cookie||This cookie is needed to allow logged in users to use the site, and provide them extra functionality|
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- If you are a Host introduce you to possible Guests and if you are a Guest introduce you to possible Hosts;
- Take steps in order to facilitate the entry into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us;
- Provide you with information about our services we feel may interest you, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point we collected your information, where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications.
- Ensure in our legitimate interests that:
- content from Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- we provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
Information we collect about you from your use of the Platform
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer the Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep the Platform safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To improve the Platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email or push notifications about our services.
You can object to further marketing at any time by checking selecting the "unsubscribe" link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to [email protected].
Who we give your information to
We may give your information to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy.
- Selected third parties.
Our selected third parties may include:
Organisations who process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and the Data Protection Law. This includes in supporting the services we offer through the Platform in particular those providing website and data hosting services, distributing any communications we send, supporting or updating marketing lists, facilitating feedback on our services and providing IT support services from time to time. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors and/or other companies in our group) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy (this will not identify you as an individual).
Payment processing providers who provide secure payment processing services. Please note your payment card details are not shared with us by the provider.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
If Spacepool or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Guests, Hosts and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
nal data be moved to a third party.
- You may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data by changing your settings. You can also stop all information collection by un-installing the App. You may use the standard un-install processes as may be available for your mobile device.
- Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us at [email protected] .
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ). The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Changes to this policy